· Understanding what is included in the cost of care.
· Being able to define incentive-based (pay for performance) care.
· Recognizing the impact of Medicaid reimbursement on the quality of care.
· Explaining the Medicare reimbursement system.
· Differentiating Quality mix
· Patient Value
o An Evaluation of Performance Thresholds in Nursing Home Pay-for-Performance – Werner
o Explaining state nursing home reimbursement – Harrington
o How Medicare reimbursement works in skilled nursing facilities – Kander
o Incremental cost of post acute care in nursing homes – Spector
o Medicaid Capital Reimbursement Policy – Miller
o Payer source for single elderly women in nursing homes – Nakagawa
o The Cost of care – Candrian
o Impact of Nursing Home Pay for Performance … – Grabowski
These assignments are due on Thursday July 2nd.
1. Write a 4 page (100 words) paper describing the overall reimbursement structure in the post acute world. Recognizing that the average SNF in New York loses between $20-$40 per patient per day for a Medicaid patient, include in the paper, an evaluation of the Medicaid reimbursement process and identify how you would overcome the challenge of caring for a population of Medicaid patients and still keep the facility operational.
2. Write no more than a 1 page (250 words) paper on whether a facility should consider a patient’s payer source when deciding to accept or deny the patient for care.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here